As a global citizen, we are committed to the development and application of best environmental practices industry-wide.
Our goals are:
- To minimise our footprint
- To promote good environmental management in our neighbourhood
Perenco personnel must be committed to achieving these goals.
- Managers are responsible and accountable for environmental matters.
- All Perenco and contractor personnel remain responsible for their impact on the environment. They must intervene when they encounter environmentally unsound and non-compliant situations.
To ensure compliance with our Environmental Policy we :
- Have in place an Environmental Management System in compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements and with E & P industry standards.
- Ensure that our Environmental Management System is understood and applied at all levels within the company.
- Ensure that all employees and contractor's personnel are competent to undertake their work in an environmentally sound manner.
- Emphasise environmental concern both on and off the work site.
- Assess the consequences of all our activities on the environment and put in place appropriate control measures.
- Maintain the physical integrity of our facilities to prevent accidental discharges of polluting substances.
- Adopt the best available and economically viable technologies to minimize our impacts and improve our energy efficiency.
- Set annual performance targets, with support plans.
- Maintain current environmental emergency response plans.
- Undertake regular emergency drills and exercises to test our capability to respond quickly and effectively to any environmental emergency.
- Report and investigate all incidents, taking appropriate measures in order to prevent their recurrence.
- Perform regular audits of all our activities, using the results to drive performance improvements.