Because our people are our most precious asset, occupational safety and health are our first consideration at all times.
Our goals are:
- No harm to people
- A safe and healthy working environment for all personnel
- No impact on the health and safety of our neighbours
- No accidents
Perenco personnel are committed to achieving these goals.
- Managers are responsible and accountable for Health and Safety.
- All Perenco and contractor personnel must intervene in unsafe or non-compliant conditions and remain responsible for both their own health and safety and that of others.
To ensure compliance with our Health & Safety Policy we :
- Have in place a Health and Safety Management System
in compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements and with E & P industry standards
- Ensure that this Management System is understood and applied at all levels within the company
- Ensure that all employees and contractor's personnel are competent to undertake their work safely
- Emphasise Health and Safety concerns both on and off the work site
- Assess the consequences of all our activities on health and safety and put in place appropriate control measures
- Maintain the physical integrity of our facilities to prevent accidents
- Set annual performance targets supported by action plans
- Maintain current health and safety emergency plans
- Undertake regular health and safety emergency drills and exercises to test our capability to respond quickly and effectively to any emergency
- Report and investigate all health and safety incidents and take appropriate measures in order to prevent their recurrence
- Perform regular audits of all our activities, using the results to drive performance improvements