The confidentiality of your personal data is important to PERENCO and we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when you browse or use our website (« Website« ).
More specifically this Policy will describe:
- Why we collect and process your Personal Data
- On what legal basis we process your Personal Data
- How we collect your Personal Data
- Who may access your Personal Data and where they may do so
- The security measures we take to protect your Personal Data
- How long we store your Personal Data
- The rights you have with regard to your Personal Data
- The cookies we use on our Website
- How you can contact us.
Key definitions in the Policy :
- The terms « we », « our », and « us » refer to PERENCO.
- The terms « you » and « user » refer to the person or persons browsing the Website.
WHY DOES PERENCO COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process your Personal Data for the following reasons:
- managing recruitment processes related to the job offers we post and, in this regard, assessing your suitability for employment;
- providing you with access to the online services available on our Website;
- enabling us to communicate with you, to respond to your questions and requests, and to send you information about our recruiting campaigns;
- monitoring Website security;
- abiding by PERENCO’s statutory and regulatory obligations;
- maintaining and improving our services, understanding how you use our Website, developing new services and personalising your experience when using our services;
- responding to requests from administrative or legal authorities in keeping with applicable law.
ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS DOES PERENCO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Depending on the processing in question, PERENCO will process your Personal Data on one of the following two legal grounds:
- a contractual relationship between you and PERENCO: the processing of your Personal Data is usually necessary to perform a contract between you and PERENCO or to carry out pre-contractual steps to that contract. Therefore if you do not want us to process your Personal Data, we will not be able to enter into a contractual relationship with you;
- your consent: you have the possibility to consent to the retention of your Personal Data contained in your application file in order to allow us to build up a pool of applications and, if necessary, to contact you later. Please note that your refusal or lack of consent will not affect the processing of your application.
- our legitimate interest, within the meaning of personal data laws and regulations. In this case we will consider your interests and fundamental rights when determining whether processing is legitimate and lawful;
- legal obligations applicable to PERENCO’s business.
PERENCO may also need to process your personal data to respond to and defend itself in legal proceedings.
HOW DOES PERENCO COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
PERENCO collect your Personal Data from the following sources:
- when you disclose your Personal Data through the Website or during the recruitment process. For example, when you provide us with information when submitting an online job application or requesting information (data might be contained in your application forms or CV) and collected through interviews or other forms of assessment, including online tests;
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide your data to PERENCO during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the required information, PERENCO may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
WHO DOES PERENCO ALLOW TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In service of the purposes described above, we give access to your Personal Data to authorised PERENCO employees who need to process it (such as members of the HR and recruitment team, managers in the business area with a vacancy, reception and security staff located at the premises where interviews to whom your name will be given to, etc.); these employees are contractually bound to a duty of confidentiality.
In addition, we provide access to or transfer your Personal Data to the following authorised third parties for the purposes described herein:
- PERENCO affiliates;
- Former employers (to obtain references for you) and employment background check providers (to obtain necessary background checks);
- Our service providers, including subcontractors acting on our instructions to host our websites, analyse Personal Data, provide equipment and IT services, etc.;
- Potential buyers and other stakeholders in any merger or restructuring operation, formation of a joint venture, sale, etc.;
- Administrative or legal authorities in order to satisfy the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, legal procedure or enforceable governmental request.
WHERE MAY PERENCO TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
PERENCO is a multinational company with subsidiaries, partners, and subcontractors located in many countries around the world. For this reason, we may need to transfer your Personal Data to other jurisdictions, including to countries located outside the European Economic Area that may not be considered as offering the same level of protection as the country where you reside.
If we have cause to transfer your Personal Data from the European Union to a third country, we will make sure that appropriate safeguards under applicable data protection law are implemented (such as the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses).
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES HAS PERENCO TAKEN?
We take the security of your Personal Data very seriously.
We have established technical and organisational security measures appropriate to the risks at issue in order to guarantee the integrity and privacy of your Personal Data and protect it from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
FOR HOW LONG WILL PERENCO STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it, namely:
- The Personal Data necessary to manage the recruitment process in relation to the vacancies we advertise, to assess your suitability for the positions offered and to communicate with you in order to respond to your requests and queries and to send you information about our recruitment operations are kept for the following periods:
- if your application is successful, for the duration of the recruitment process, up to 3 months from our decision to hire you in the active database and for 5 years in intermediate archiving;
- if your application is unsuccessful, until the end of the recruitment procedure in active base and for a period of 5 years in intermediate archiving. If you consent to the retention of your Personal Data to build up our pool of applications, we will retain your Personal Data for a period of 2 years in the active database from the closure of the recruitment process.
- The Personal Data necessary to provide you with access to the online services available on our Site and to ensure the security of the Site is retained until you log off our Site;
- The Personal Data necessary to maintain and improve our services, to understand how you use the Site, to develop new services and to customize your experience when using our services is retained for 25 months from the time of collection.
We may retain your Personal Data for longer than the above-mentioned periods in order to comply with legal and regulatory obligations applicable to PERENCO and to respond, if necessary, to requests from administrative or judicial authorities, in accordance with applicable law.
At the end of these storage periods, your Personal Data will be (irreversibly) anonymised or destroyed.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In accordance with data protection laws and regulations, you are entitled to exercise the following rights:
- Right of access to your Personal Data, in which case we can provide you with a copy of your Personal Data;
- Right to correct your Personal Data if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date;
- Right to withdraw your consent where processing relies on your prior consent, and where processing is for marketing purposes;
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Data that is carried out in our legitimate interest, insofar as your specific situation justifies the objection;
- Right to delete your Personal Data in situations provided for under applicable personal data protection laws (the right to be forgotten);
- Right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- Right to receive your Personal Data for transfer to a third party, or to have your Personal Data transferred to a third party of your choice if this is technically feasible;
- Right to file a complaint with the competent data authority if you believe that the processing of your Personal Data infringes data protection laws or regulations.
You can send us a request with regard to the above at any time, as indicated in the section « HOW TO CONTACT US« .
Please note that:
- We may need to verify your identity before we can follow up on your request;
- The exercise of these rights is subject to certain conditions and legal restrictions, and therefore we may refuse your request if those conditions are not satisfied or the legal restrictions apply;
- We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical efforts (e.g., designing a new system or fundamentally modifying an existing practice) or that pose a risk to the privacy of others.
We will always try to address your request quickly, and in any event within no more than one (1) month (subject to any extension to which we may be legally entitled). If we refuse your request, we will inform you of our reasons for doing so.
HOW TO CONTACT PERENCO
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO):
We may update this Policy at any time in response to legal, regulatory, or operational requirements. Any changes to the Policy will be published on this page, which we suggest you check regularly.
The Policy was most recently updated on April 12th, 2023.
If you do not agree with this Policy, you should stop consulting/using our Website.